Sunday, May 31, 2009

. . .

Back from Wales this afternoon, was great to be in Swansea again.
Between the 3hr trip from London and travelling between places on our witnessing day, I listened to Green Day's new album 21st CENTURY BREAKDOWN.
Five years since American Idiot and it's hard to believe it actually has been that long, it seems so relevant now in it's proportion and perfection.

But I in no way want to compare between the two because I have such a mental block against it that when people bring it up I want to scream "F********CK!!!" at them for an undiscovered reason.
From the first second of the title track I knew it was nothing like I had expected.
I can't explain it but it gave me such a feeling of hope:

Track 1: "21st Century Breakdown"
Track 11: "Murder City"
Track 16: "21 Guns"
--------------------------


"DESPERATE, But Not HELPLESS"

-Green Day

No comments: